MIDS is headquartered in Villa Moynier, a historic villa on the shores of Lake Geneva with a view to the Mont Blanc. Villa Moynier was built in 1846 and was the property of Gustave Moynier, the first President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). It later hosted the League of Nations in 1926 and served as headquarters for the ICRC from 1933 to 1946. Nowadays, Villa Moynier is home to MIDS and to the Geneva Academy of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights.
Since MIDS is a joint LLM program of the University of Geneva School of Law and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, MIDS activities take place at the facilities of both institutions.
The University of Geneva School of Law is located in the UniMail building in the city. Some activities also take place in the oldest building of the University of Geneva, called UniBastion.
The Graduate Institute headquarters are in Maison de la Paix, one of the remarkable architectural achievements of the 21st century in French-speaking Switzerland.
The Graduate Institute facilities also include Villa Barton and the Auditorium Jacques Freymond next to Villa Moynier on the shores of Lake Geneva. Villa Barton is named after Alexandra Barton-Peel, who donated the residence and surrounding park to the Swiss Confederation on the condition that the sequoia trees in the park would remain preserved. In 1938 the residence became the headquarters of the Graduate Institute of International Studies, and in 2008 of the newly merged Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies. The Auditorium Jacques Freymond is adjacent to Villa Barton.
The joint nature of the program allows MIDS students to take full advantage of the facilities of both institutions such as libraries, student residences, or sports facilities.